Date: Monday, May 2, 2022
Time: Morning—the precise meeting time will be shared with the winners
Location: The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY
The Met Gala—fashion’s biggest night out—returns on May 2, marking the launch of the Costume Institute’s In America: An Anthology of Fashion, the second in a two-part exhibition that explores the foundations of American fashion.
The exhibition officially opens to the public on May 7, but we’re giving five Vogue Club members a chance to attend the press preview on May 2, where—alongside other industry insiders—you’ll be given a tour led by a member of the Vogue team.
How to enter: For a chance to win an invitation to this event, simply complete the form below.
Further information on the exhibition:
The Costume Institute’s In America: An Anthology of Fashion is the second in a two-part exhibition that explores the foundations of American fashion. Presented in collaboration with The Met’s American Wing, this section of the exhibition will highlight sartorial narratives that relate to the complex and layered histories of the American Wing period rooms.
Men’s and women’s dress dating from the eighteenth century to the present will be featured in vignettes installed in select period rooms spanning ca. 1805 to 1915: a Shaker Retiring Room from the 1830s; a nineteenth-century parlor from Richmond, Virginia; a panoramic 1819 mural of Versailles; and a twentieth-century living room designed by Frank Lloyd Wright; among others. These interiors display a survey of more than two hundred years of American domestic life and tell a variety of stories—from the personal to the political, the stylistic to the cultural, and the aesthetic to the ideological. The exhibition will reflect on these narratives through a series of three-dimensional cinematic “freeze frames” produced in collaboration with notable American film directors. These mise-en-scènes will explore the role of dress in shaping American identity and address the complex and layered histories of the rooms.
Terms & Conditions:
1.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. Void where prohibited.
3. Open only to permanent, legal US residents who are 18 or older and were members of Vogue Club before April 25, 2022.
4. Begins Monday April 25 and ends Wednesday April 27 at 11:59 PM ET
5. Prize restrictions apply.
6. Winner selection will be conducted by random drawing from all eligible entries on or about Thursday, April 28, 2022.
7. The prize is a single invitation to the press preview of The Costume Institute’s In America: An Anthology of Fashion exhibition on Monday, May 2, 2022. There are x5 invitations to be won. All other expenses, including travel and accommodation, are not included.
8. For full terms and conditions and prize details, go to Full Terms and Conditions